It can be used as your own cloud, in a home computer, or even in a big and concurrent enterprise network.
It uses just Open Source components, and it is based on performance and security.
The version 1.0.9 was released in May 2015, it has very rich scalabibity because of the business logic it now runs in PL/PGSQL on the database.
Components which comes with Omega Base:
- Freemind applet viewer.
- PDFBox (iText in older releases).
- Rich-text integrated editor (CKEditor)
- Users and groups management
- Freemind applet viewer (since 1.0.2)
- Auto-indexing of MS Office XML, PDF, ODF, Freemind, Dia files for search
- Works for Firefox, IE, Chrome, Opera, Safari, Mobile